DM: Educational data mining

From: Megaputers
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 13:25:16 -0500 (EST)

Dear data mining and database marketing instructors,

Our company, Megaputer Intelligence, is a world leader in providing
data mining software and solutions. Megaputer is the developer of
PolyAnalyst - one of the most popular and powerful data mining
systems
on the market. I would like to offer you cooperation of Megaputer
Intelligence in educating students, as well as the broad business
community, about the new opportunities opened by the introduction of
the automated machine learning technology in the fields of database
marketing, risk analysis, quality control, etc.

The objective of this offer is not to sell a huge number of copies of
the software, but rather to become a part of the educational process.
We are ready to discuss any form of cooperation. We have special very
low educational rates for PolyAnalyst for universities who become our
partners.

As an example, PolyAnalyst is being used at Kelley School of Business
at
Indiana University as the main data mining tool for a course in
database
marketing. Megaputer is a provider of data mining solutions for The
Center for Education and Research in Retailing at IU, sponsored by
Sears.

The Megaputer team could furnish its thorough expertize in data
mining,
carry out some sample data exploration projects, as well as provide
you with the latest version of the next generation data mining
solution
- PolyAnalyst - at a special intoductory educational rate. In
addition,
a FREE evaluation copy of PolyAnalyst 3.2, is available for
downloading
from

http://www.megaputer.ru

PolyAnalyst represents a technological breakthrough in the field of
knowledge discovery in databases. The system automatically discovers
the
EXPLICIT SYMBOLIC FORM OF RELATIONS hidden in data.

As a first step of the proposed cooperation, please, visit our
website to
learn more about PolyAnalyst and its applications, and download the
tutorial and the program itself. Next we could discuss what joint
efforts
we are ready to undertake for promoting the new leading edge
technology.

Sincerely,

Sergei Ananyan
Director Marketing
Megaputer Intelligence, USA
http://www.megaputer.ru
812-325-3026 tel (not available 12/19/97 - 01/14/98)
812-339-1646 FAX
mailto:megaputers@aol.com or megaputer@glas.apc.org