DM: New Subscribers

From: Henry.Daries
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:06:33 -0500 (EST)
<DIV>I am not a &quot;brand new&quot; subscriber but I have only
subscribed for
a few months.</DIV>
<DIV>My name is Henry Daries and I am in charge of the Corporate Data
Warehouse
at</DIV>
<DIV>a health insurance company in Kansas. I became interested in
OLAP and
Data</DIV>
<DIV>Mining a few years ago when I realized that we as a company need
to be
more</DIV>
<DIV>aggressive in using the data warehouse. I have had to educate
the powers
that</DIV>
<DIV>be on the need for using these technologies but at the same time
we were
going</DIV>
<DIV>through budget crunches. There seems to be more awareness now in
the
upper</DIV>
<DIV>echelons of management that these technologies can do a lot, if
applied</DIV>
<DIV>correctly. We do not have the skills in-house but we do have
statisticians</DIV>
<DIV>whom I have approached to assist us in a pilot project.</DIV>
<DIV>If anybody out there has been down this path, I would love to
hear from
you.</DIV>
<DIV>We have targeted Fraud and Abuse as the first arena. Is there
any
material</DIV>
<DIV>that would be of assistance in our endeavours and what type of
costs
are</DIV>
<DIV>invoved in hardware, software and consulting/mentoring?</DIV>
<DIV>I would appreciate any comments. Thank you in anticipation.</DIV>
<DIV>------------------( Forwarded letter 1 follows
)--------------------</DIV>
<DIV>Date: Thu Feb 19 20:45:00 1998</DIV>
<DIV>To: datamine-l@nautilus-sys.com</DIV>
<DIV>From: nautilus-info@nautilus-systems.com</DIV>
<DIV>Sender: owner-datamine-l@nessie.crosslink.net</DIV>
<DIV>Subject: DM: New Subscribers</DIV><BR>
<DIV>I noticed that there has been a surge of new subscribers to</DIV>
<DIV>the datamine-l list recently.</DIV><BR>
<DIV>Could you let us know where you are from and what your</DIV>
<DIV>interest in data mining is?</DIV><BR>
<DIV>Thanks and welcome.&nbsp; I hope the discussion is useful to
you.</DIV><BR>
<DIV>Sincerely,</DIV>
<DIV>Dorothy Firsching</DIV><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>
<DIV>Dorothy Firsching</DIV>
<DIV>CEO</DIV>
<DIV>Nautilus Systems, Inc.</DIV>
<DIV>3867 Alder Woods Court</DIV>