Re: Re: AltaVista Forum

From: Harm Smit
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 06:44:15 -0400 (EDT)
Dorothy,
 In order to try and find the best fit, I have launched some
investigations. I'll come back to you as soon as I have the
information.
Kind regards,

Harm.

P.S. I didn't present myself so far on the list, because of
coordination
problems and the holiday season. Will do so somewhat later.
----------
> De : Dorothy Firsching <firschng@cais.com>
> A : datamine-l@nautilus-sys.com
> Objet : DM: Re: AltaVista Forum
> Date : lundi 11 août 1997 16:17
>
> I would like to continue this discussion offline of the list, so
>please
> mail me personally:  nautilus-info@nautilus-systems.com.  Could you (or
>anyone
> else on the list) point me towards any ISPs or private firms hosting
> AltaVista Forum, or otherwise having experience hosting it?  Thanks!
> /Dorothy
>
> At 10:07 AM 8/11/97 +0200, Harm Smit wrote:
> >I don't know exactly what happened to AltaVista ForumForum, but I
>assume
it
> >was more a promotion vehicle for the AltaVista product line than
anything
> >else. The AltaVista Forum product is still there and I think this
>type
of
> >product is well adapted to our data mining discussion group: it
>allows
> >public and private threaded discussion groups, document sharing,
>opinion
> >polling and more, all through a standard Web browser at the client
>side.
> >Thus people will be able to only consult information they are
>interested
in
> >and follow related discussion items much more easily. Privacy can
>be
> >protected. Of course, AltaVista Forum is not the only product of
>its
kind,
> >but it is known to be low-cost, easy to install (on top of any
>existing
Web