Re: DM:Intro

From: Stephen Landry
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 23:07:51 -0400 (EDT)
I have posted to this mailing list, but have failed to introduce
myself.
I am an MBA candidate at Rensselaer at Hartford, formerly the Hartford
Graduate Center.  My concentration is Operations Management with the
Operations Research/Statistics option.  When I finish two independent
studies, my schoolwork will be complete.  One independent study
utilizes
data mining, using statistical techniques in VBA macros in Excel, on
quality audit data for the American headquarters of a toy company.
The
other ind. study involves the use of genetic algorithms for various
optimization problems.  I have not tried combining data mining with
GAs.

---
Stephen Landry
land3902@mstr.hgc.edu