Re: DM: Request For DM Info

From: Jen Q. Louie
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 09:56:32 -0500 (EST)
Greetings Thomas,

While there are plenty of resources on the web, there is nothing
wrong in
using books as resources. I would suggest you get a copy of  "Data
Mining
Solutions: Tools For Solving Real Business Problems; by Chris
Westphal/
Teresa Blaxton; published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; ISBN:
0471253847."

I recommend this book as a good starting point for all who are
interested
in the how and why of Data Mining. The book is well written and comes
with
a CD with all the graphics used in the book, a few sample DM tools,
content
covers theory, methodologies, and information on several commercial
tools.

If you can not find it in your local book store, go to our web site
http://www.nautilus-systems.com and under recommended books we have
links
to a distributor which you can purchase the book from.

Dr. Jen Que Louie
Nautilus Systems, Inc.
3867 Alder Woods Court
Fairfax, VA 22033-2441